I went back and forth on this a lot. Not about posting about it, but about watching it. As you know, I have a precious number of brain cells left and I would really love to keep them. But my brain cells be damned, because I can’t…stop…watching.
The show is unlike anything I’ve seen happening concurrently. Okay, that’s a lie. I did do a short sentence at a college in Central Virginia and I feel like many of those students would have been similar to these kids if not for one glaring difference, all the kids in Central Virginia were Baptists. You can insert your gasps here and I will talk more on this topic at a later date.
But I digress, people, they put on music at their “rager” by putting a C.D. into a boombox. No, I am not making this up. It is real talk and it is 100% documented. Watch the first episode and see for yourself.
Honestly, I could write a novella about the first, second and third episodes but because it’s Monday and I’m not that inconsiderate I’ll hit you with a few reasons why I think this show will, in fact, make me dumber. They include, but are not limited to:
- A member of the cast has an iPhone 3G
- They did body shots at a party…in their own house
- “She’s got a brain on her shoulders” instead of “She’s got a head on her shoulders”
- Shain (not Shane) runs errands in the Holler (his neighborhood) on a 4wheeler
- Again, they have a C.D. player
- Also go to a club called Karma
- Morgantown, WV is a big city
- During the first episode people are already having sex….in the beds of other cast mates
The moral of the story is that if you love trashy reality television, you hit the jackpot.
(image from here)