This weekend was really low-key, in fact, I didn’t leave my apartment until Sunday at 5pm to pick up a bookshelf from a friend who is moving. However, I did set a world record in the Christin Record Books. I did the laundry and folded it all AND put it away within 24 hours of doing the laundry. That never happens. Ever.
What else did I do? I spent time on pinterest. I wanted to make a sweet treat but nothing too sweet. Not because I didn’t want something sweet, but because I only really wanted enough for right then and not for a week. Remembering the popcorn I pinned late last week, I was hot on the case.
I have recently developed an obsession with flavored popcorn. So just get prepared for lots o’ popcorn recipies on this here blog. But I decided to make this one because it looked so yummy.
It turned out amazing and will become one of my go-to sweet treats. Since I’m a psycho and don’t own a microwave, I make mine on the stove. It’s so easy but you can’t just walk away from it. Unless you want burnt popcorn.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup popping corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sea Salt to taste (I used about 3/4 teaspoon)
- Put the coconut oil in a large pot with a lid over medium heat and add 2 kernels of corn, and cover.
- When those two kernels pop, remove the lid and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels. Cover and shake the pot, holding the lid on. I like to take it off the heat when I pour the kernels in – it just seems safer.
- Return the pot to the heat and cook over medium, shaking the pot occasionally, until the popping sound stops after about 5 minutes. Based on the sound, take the pot off the heat around the same time that you would take a bag of popcorn out of the microwave. If you don’t pay attention, you’re going to burn the crap out of your popcorn. Enter disappointment.
- I like to pour the topping into the pot directly over the popcorn because its easier to mix in, but this is up to you. Some people like to add it to the bowl first.