Today’s blogger needs no introduction. Annemarie from Brunch at Saks is an extraordinary woman and that is no joke. Her five things are so incredibly inspiring and I am seriously excited to share them all with you. I think these are five great combatants to any silly Friday the 13th superstitions. Number five is particularly touching and I might have cried a little, so prepare yourselves.
When you finish reading, please make sure to stop by Annemarie’s blog and show her some love!
1. I’m from Northern California but moved to Los Angeles 8 years ago and have never felt so “at home.” I love the beaches, cafes, all the fun places to shop, exploring the hiking trails in the canyons, and great museums like The Getty and LACMA. Spotting the occasional celeb is always fun, too.
2. I started working in the entertainment industry at 17 as a script writer for my local PBS station’s 24-hr art telethon. Once I got a taste of writing and realized that I could mix my love for television with it, I was hooked.
3. Which leads me to biggest weakness (or downfall, depending on how you look at it): television. Specifically, reality TV. I’m going to be honest here, I’ve seen 150+ reality shows. And the only reason I know this is because I have a running Word document on my computer with every reality show I’ve ever seen. It started out as a contest between a friend and myself and I’ve just stuck with it.
4. I have tons of food allergies: gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, walnuts, grapes…the list goes on. It’s forced me to learn how to cook and I’m now healthier than I’ve ever been, so in some weird way I don’t mind them.
5. My Mom passed away unexpectedly my junior year of college and it really changed the course of my life. Until that point, I had been a neurotic list-maker/planner, and while I’m still somewhat like that, I’ve learned just how important it is to be in the “now” and to always appreciate the things in life that money can’t buy.