Hey guys, I am so excited about today’s five things because Julia is not only a blogging friend but a real life friend. That’s right, we hang out. Okay, we’ve hung out twice. But we gchat a lot and where I come from, aka the 21st century, that means we’re legit buds. I’ll be honest, I’m really pissed off at her right now because she’s moving back to Chicago like a real jerk. But I know she’ll be very happy there and super successful so I guess I’ll get over it.
Hi! Julia here from The Urban Slant. I’m SO excited to be sharing some pretty neat things about myself with you today. Thanks Christin for having me dig deep and bring out my inner awesome
1. I love to count things but I HATE math. Huh? Yeah, specifically, I used to count stairs. I used to be able to tell you how many stairs are in someone’s house. The average amount of stairs from a ground floor to a second floor is about 16. NERD ALERT. What’s wrong with me?
2. I have an irrational fear of vacuums. It probably stems from my Dad vacuuming every inch of the house at 9am on Sunday mornings when I was usually hungover (drank in high school – total rebel). I mean let’s be honest, when a vacuum is on you CANNOT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THE VACUUM. And if you know a way where you can, please tell me your secrets.
3. I have several split personalities. Before you think I’m a schizo, these are merely fun little accents that I do. I have “Latisha” and “Marcy”. Latisha comes out after a few cocktails, and Marcy comes out when I’m bored and want a good laugh. She’s a housewife from Omaha and has a wicked strong accent.
Photography by Eric Draper
4. The first time I ate fish was with the Dalai Lama. I was working an event for President Bush’s library in Dallas, and was seated inside (wasn’t supposed to happen) when lunch was served. It was fish. I don’t eat fish. I don’t even smell fish. Well, when you’re served seabass and His Holiness is a stone’s throw from you, you eat fish. And you smile.
5. I had my first job steaming dresses at a store around the corner from me at 14. I had a work permit, and made, gasp, $6.50 an hour. I loved the idea of making my own money, and I still do.
Literally dying over here. Wish we were all in person to discuss these things and watch the transformation of personalities. OH HEY GEORGE! And can you come visit me and count the stairs in my apartment please?! Christin, you come too and we’ll just watch all of this happen. Glad to hear you survived child labor 🙂
Thanks for having me Christin!!!! LIterally LOVED doing this post. I posted a sixth fun fact on my blog today. Stupid blogger thought I wanted it to post at 7:00PM – wrong. Love love love !! xo
LOVED this! Happy Friday!
Love the fact Julia has multiple personalities–I am not the only one hoorah!
okay love this so much…. such a great series!!
Loving this! You count stairs? That IS very strange indeed.
My stomach hurts from laughing about the vaccuum. It’s so true!
And Marcy from Omaha. I need to meet her.
Ahhhh Latisha!!! Darcy!!! Why haven’t I met them?? Probably why you haven’t met ANgela! hahah looking forward to dinner soon.
hahah love these, so fun to find out more about other bloggers. i HATE fish too, but think I would take on for team if the Dalai Lama was by me hahaha.
Um…incredibly jealous that she got to meet HHDL. Like…I can’t even put it into words…
Love this! I don’t eat fish either but I imagine I would have done the same!