Here’s the thing about breakfast, at least for me, if it isn’t easy, I’m not going to eat it. Quite literally. Things that are easy include: smoothies, fruit, leftovers including cheeseburgers for breakfast, and eggs that I don’t need to watch. Enter these prosciutto-wrapped eggs. They are tasty, super easy, and virtually hands-off. So while I’m getting ready, my breakfast can be also.
Also, can we talk about how it’s been a million degrees lately? Well it has, okay. Consequently, I am looking into smaller muffin pans for my toaster oven because I cannot, under no circumstances, fire up the oven in the morning. However, that is a different story for a different day sort of like how I yearn for central air conditioning.
prosciutto-wrapped eggs – serves 1
4 slices of prosciutto
anything else you’d like to eat with your eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 400º, meanwhile get out your muffin pan. I’ve found that using liners makes cleanup non-existant, but you can do what you want.
2. Line two of the cups with prosciutto. I used two pieces per cup just so the eggs wouldn’t be able to escape and also because I really like prosciutto
3. Crack one egg into each cup
4. Put in oven for about 9 minutes if you’d like the yolks not to be set, the whites will be, don’t freak out. Cook longer if you’d like more of a hard-boiled consistency
5. Remove from oven, duh, and enjoy
I need to make these for John, he’s gonna flip!
Such beauties! I’m all about eggs in the morning. And yes, the weather has been the WORST. #whereareyouspring
yum! I always end up making boiled eggs because I am boring and lazy. This looks much better and feel fancy
OMG, these look AMZE!!! I am so going to make when i get back from Vacation!!!!
This looks AMAZING–seriously, I would like this every day of my life, please and thank you.
I’m taking a reprieve from not commenting on blogs to tell you this looks absolutely awesome! i was doing something similar with bacon and SCRAMBLED eggs a lot last year, but never did i think to skip a step by just dumping the egg in PROSCIUTTO UNSCRAMBLED!! super amazing and i will be copying. and apologies for all the em-fas-is. i just really mean it.
I’ve seen a similar recipe and have been wanting to try. Yours looks fantastic. Yum!
Um, you got skills, girl!
Stop wait gimme. That’s the best looking egg I’ve ever seen. <3
These look so pretty and sound delicious! I love that the recipe is fit for just one or two people as opposed to all those breakfast recipes out there meant to feed a small army! Can’t wait to try these!
these look so good! and i am guilty of baking cookies in the toaster oven because it was too hot to turn on my oven.